Wednesday, June 18, 2014

May-Bliss!!

Last month ended with an indulgent yoga retreat in a small fishing village in Cancun, Puerto Morelos.  It was seven days of pure bliss. There was yoga, meditation, creation of new friendships and of course some good old fashioned excitement and adventure along the way as well. My favorite parts included bonding with the girls especially Jojo -another one of my favorite new soul sisters-, swimming in ‘cenotes’- these incredibly mystical waterholes deep inside mother earth believed to have healing properties by the locals and their ancestors… (honestly it was refreshingly fresh and cool waters that felt wonderfully embalming on our itchy-painful bug bitten skin.… not to mention what it does for any ailments of the soul too…so yes my vote is totally in with the Mayans on the healing properties of cenotes… especially the less touristy ones further inside the Mexican jungles)…and then there was the visit to the Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza, one of the seven wonders of the world; Yes-feeling profoundly privileged to make it here!

This vacation I felt all along was to be an extra special gift for me on this journey of life in multitude of soul searching and physically rejuvenating ways and it did not disappoint!-Even with the darned bug bites which were way too abundant somehow…and not just the mosquitoes!... Perhaps we were making blood sacrifices for the ancient Mayan Gods for our blessings!? Who knows! ;-) Lol…And since we came back… in-tact I think it’s all good regardless! 

So what I have learned and come to peace with from this amazing holiday…. I will just have to share in upcoming blogs… for now I am still digesting all the changes inside me since.. (thanks also to this book I’ve been reading along the way that I’m convinced is perfectly timed by destiny…also will share more on this later);  Much like the peeling of an onion…each experience and each year seems to strip me closer to the core, to what’s real and to what matters.….so that my heart is literally bursting at the seams with gratitude and awe for all that is. So many years I had spent self-imprisoned by my fears and thank goodness those are finally behind me now!!! Life is the greatest party and should be celebrated!!

Indulge me please as I wish us ALL these vital gifts…of gratitude, peace and endless love….and of letting go of our un-serving and unrealistic fears! The whole world is our playground and we are all here as friends.…So-Unleash that inner kid! Join in and let’s play!! Namaste! 

Our local beach for the week in Puerto Morelos; Heaven!

The ruins at Chichen Itza-built in 700 A.D
Our first Cenote experience; Commercial but amazing still!
Our Second Cenote…deep inside the Mexican Jungles: Can't begin to capture the experience in words yet...




And the darker cenote inside a cave with bats flying overhead…way Cool!!!


CENOTES ROCK!!!Everyone should add jumping or swimming in one onto their bucket list in my opinion! Love adding on new ones on to my list and glad this one's a check!! YUP! LIFE IS GOOD!!! XOXO


















































No comments:

Post a Comment