Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Life is short!

Life is short! Heard this for all my years but often pondered on the depth of that meaning aimlessly! One day we wake up to the truth that time is really the most irreplaceably fabulous gift granted to us.

I remember during childhood years countdowns to long awaited occasions inevitably felt like a lifetime; some days couldn’t pass fast enough while others flew by in the blink of an eye. In fact looking back now so much of the past is a blur to me yet so much more has remained almost tangibly vivid and timeless too. I can sometimes stop and watch my past years flashing before me like a silent movie and I’m left feeling nostalgic, overwhelmed and even sometimes detached from it…like a distant phantom spectator.

It’s only recently that the actual concepts of time and mortality are sinking in properly and deeply into my psyche….perhaps it’s a build up from losing loved ones, to compiled experiences of vulnerability, to becoming more aware of an increased sense of responsibility towards loved ones or even just from getting older I guess…but regardless there is this increasing sense of clarity on the subject. I’m left grappling over finding that delicate balance in accepting and letting go of what has run out of its course.…versus both treasuring and discovering new ways to best honor our precious finite moments here and now.   

Yesterday I decided to try out a new exercise…to free myself from me! I shut down my brain’s dialogues…to let go of who I choose to be and I allowed myself to just be…and gravitate towards anything or anyone without judgement (of self or others) or even to not allow in fear on any level….watching and wondering where that would lead and who would I be if I lived without expectations from myself or others…? I followed my day with my heart….not holding back. Yes-it turned out to be a good and insightful day!

It brought me to the conclusion that it’s necessary to have boundaries and a clear understanding of what I want and don’t want….but just as critical to keep re-evaluating my belief systems over the years.…..to update my take on things..to understand what truly matters in the end.  It’s important over the years I guess to rewrite and update your definition of all things including yourself without the baggage of yesterday's knowledge.

I once heard a great man say that we need to place ourselves in danger sometimes to discover the real magic within (I believe I got that message from one of my heroes’ Conrad Anker’s talk given that I understood the message correctly of course…? ;-) Lol!)….I guess sometimes this could mean skydiving out of a plane, or climbing a mountain, or whatever else….just finding new ways of pushing ourselves past all our comfort zones….and then again perhaps sometimes it could mean nothing more than to truly free ourselves from all inner fears and judgements, to follow our heart somewhere without questioning it….and then perhaps just maybe….with some luck…it could show us things truly grand and beautiful along the way. 


Cheers to choosing to live life fully and a bit dangerously too! Namaste! Love & Peace to ALL! XO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment