Monday, November 11, 2013

Butterfly Musing

Whether we call it mid-life crisis or as I do mid-life enlightenment one thing is for sure- we all find ourselves at that phase of life somewhere along the way when we question our choices. Are we living life to its fullest? It happens so fast and so suddenly. One minute we are in our early twenties trying to find our place with all those 'know-it-all-grown-ups' right? Career, love, marriage and kids-whatever your goals and focus you're out there busy finding your footing in society; perhaps you did everything that was expected of you; or perhaps you rebelled against those social queues every step of the way; Did you find all your dreams only to discover it didn't make you happy? Or did you avoid chasing your dreams...believing it will all come together naturally when you are ready? There's no avoiding it though- eventually it does come-that moment of truth! 

For me that phase started earlier than most yet I had already resigned to believing that I'd sort of missed my boat of dreams; I did not believe I could go back and start over; life settles in right? They say life happens while you're making other plans after all. What a defeating attitude!

So what changed? I had this intensely profound dream with a powerful message about 'second chances' and it had butterflies in it...which I later interpreted as truly symbolic. A butterfly is a rare and special creature that gets to exist within one lifespan as both of earth and of sky in completely different physical forms even; I think it is here to inspire us to know that it is possible to change.....never too late to reinvent ourselves, to metamorphosize into newer and better versions of ourselves....and never too late to find our bliss! I’ve come to strongly believe that we all deserve love, peace and happiness here and now! No excuses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment