Friday, January 6, 2017

Honoring & Reflecting on 2016 - The year I met my true love!

2016 turned out to be the most important year of my life! – The one I have waited for through all of time, whether knowingly or unknowingly. Yet when I stopped to reflect upon the events over the last twelve months I was surprised to find that unlike my previous years, since starting this blog, 2016 was actually a quiet and solitary experience for me.
I pondered over this and remembered that it was quite a whirlwind of a year from the start. I couldn’t help but feel like I was swimming solo against strong currents almost the entire time. How do I explain this!? Let’s see-it began with an announcement of a major re-org at my new job that left my primitive brain convinced it was in mortal danger. 

January also started off with my ex-husband traveling overseas and leaving my son with me full time (versus our normal 50/50 shared custody arrangement). My kid doesn't share my passion for outdoors...Yet. It didn’t help also that my foot problems persisted through the year, keeping me from my usual go-to hobbies from precious hikes in the forest, to yoga or other outdoor adventures and separating me from my busy and athletic groups of friends locally as a result.

Also my lovely soul sister (Basak) who lives abroad finally found her true love and became wonderfully distracted-(Thank God! It’s a beautiful thing indeed!)-leaving me with more time to myself than seemed wholesome somehow. Lol.

Interestingly enough Basak kept insisting that all these events of the year were by divine intervention to force me to slow down long enough to allow my soul mate to enter my world. She’s such a romantic! She authors a blog on true love stories but who knew that she is also a love psychic! Go figure!

Between January and August, my solitude state of being continued. However I definitely felt myself also soul searching and growing so I remained aware that I was exactly where I needed to be every step of the way. I decided in April, however, that my spirit was in dire need of energy recharging, so I booked myself a quiet retreat at some off-the-beaten path little resort in a small village in Jamaica.

I never made it to Jamaica! I missed that flight! Crazy story! At first I felt discouraged to say the least but you see- I had sent out letters to previous travelers for advice on this retreat but hadn’t heard back. Then the same day after missing my flight, two of these strangers finally wrote back- coincidentally (!!?) and shared some hair-raising horrific tales about their experiences, leaving no doubt that the universe had me blessed and protected. By not going I had literally dodged a bullet apparently!

In May, I decided to make another effort to treat myself to a solo vacation and this time I stumbled upon the most magical place. It’s a quiet yoga retreat nestled in the mountains of Puerto Vallarta in the west coast of Mexico and is only accessible by boat. It has the perfect blend of ruggedness and luxuriousness- so off I went, leaving this world behind for undoubtedly that vacation was set in another realm. I had the most spiritual experiences there and met some pretty amazing people along the way.

When I returned from that vacation to my increasingly solitary and workaholic-oriented state of living again where time seemed to be rushing a million miles a minute in a state of oblivion I couldn’t help but decide that I absolutely needed to go back on vacation ASAP. So I did the only rational thing- following my heart- I booked a return trip for November and anxiously counted down the months to return to Puerto Vallarta. Little did I know that the second trip was not going to be a solo one at all!

In the third week of August things finally started to settle down again. My new job started to feel a bit more secure and the sense of the roller-coaster ride finally slowed down and I sensed one chapter closing even as I already suspected a new one coming. I wasn't sure what it was but I felt ready.

Then last week of August a friend convinced me to join a dating site. So I joined Match.com and went on my first date where I met the most fascinating and irresistible man on the planet for me! 

For the first time in my life- I experienced love at first sight and right away it was clear that every right and wrong step I’d ever taken in my life was meant to bring me to this man. We instantly fell into a trance together so it’s not surprising that I invited him to join me on my retreat after our very first date or that he signed up and came along as if he also understood it was destined. Our trip in November was the best vacation of my life! Then again every moment since his arrival is just as magical!

My solo trip to PVR in May



My return trip to PVR in November with the love of my life


CHEERS TO FINDING TRUE LOVE!!

My soul is convinced it’s known this man on some innately intimate level through all of time....and why not!? Since our meeting on August 31st....he held my hand and led me through the wooded cupboard portal doors of Narnia....carrying me off into mythical lands ....OK....guess what I'm trying to say is that it's been another kind of whirlwind since - one filled with unicorns and shooting stars...and well...it feels like it's all crazy but totally real too anyway- and here we are! YAY!! GRATEFUL & IN LOVE!! 

Thank you Universe! 

Thank you 2016!! Welcome 2017!!! 

I LOVE YOU DAVID!! :-)

{Our dates and experiences are documented from both our perspectives on:

In April- I’d appropriately noted on FB:
‘Some days you have agenda; And other days agenda has you!’
-And I have to say- Thank God for it!!








No comments:

Post a Comment