Friday, December 8, 2017

The Universe Speaks!

The Universe Speaks to us!!

It really does!! Some days the Universe speaks in subtle ways! Other days, subtle is definitely not on its agenda! How about a message written across on a twelve foot orange wall presented in a perfectly and profoundly timed moment for example? Would you say that’s subtle? I wouldn’t!

So today- one domino experience led to another and then I started to have a moment! What was I feeling? I stopped to acknowledge it, quickly recognizing what was creeping up inside of me, an emotion so familiar and nostalgic yet so distant it felt foreign because it’s not one I allow myself to indulge in easily at this stage of life especially. Dare I name it? Was it really a dose of- ‘Self-Pity’!!? YIKES!!

Was I about to be hit by a case of the downers? I tried to quickly shake off these unwelcome thoughts and emotions inside. Detour to important and positive facts of life- I have David now, the love of my life, and I’m no longer alone, I remind myself; I have a lot to be grateful for and I start to go through my mental happy list.


Yet as if there was a hole getting drilled inside the flood gates of my fears, I find current and past memories starting to rush in simultaneously too, endless experiences of always being the outsider, of trying so hard to belong and the unpleasantness and pain of being rejected much too often through the years. For a moment I find myself slipping and wishing I could just be one of ‘them’- the easily accepted members of the many tribes around me.

No! Stop! Let it go! I start to shake it off and force my thoughts back into the present moment, as I am heading off to a meeting with a new client in an unfamiliar location; I need to focus on the tasks at hand. I need to clear my head, pick up my energy and take on a better attitude and I need to do it fast! I pull out my go-to daily mantras: ‘Life is good! I have so much to be grateful for!’ Then I take in a very deep breath to clear my head. 


The elevator doors open and with new resolve, I am ready. I pick up my chin. In front of me to my surprise, there is a letter. I step out of the elevator towards it, more like stumble out to face right up to it- this enormous letter. It feels important already so I stare at it dumb folded and in awe! After all the Universe is always speaking to us.

Now here I am standing in front of a twelve foot wall with this message shouting out to me, on a glaring orange backdrop to boot- commanding for me to stop and give it my full attention. I do just that. Slowly and carefully I read it!! 



I'm blown away! The Universe speaks sometimes subtly and other times, far from it!!

What more can I ask for? It’s just short of Disney’s fireworks to follow, because I can feel the music from it inside me and it makes me smile. Of course I half expected Tinkerbell to pop right out of the wall. No that didn’t happen but I’m no less blown away! And Ok- not all of us who are different need to achieve or leave behind the legacy of Steve Jobs because that’s hardly the point! To my heart- these words and this experience speaks volumes.

So anyways- who’s to say, who is the tribe and who is the outsider- after all right?

All I know for sure is that we all have purpose and that we all fit exactly where we are, one way or another.

Thank you Universe! I am humbled! I am honored!

Life is good! & I am grateful! <3  




No comments:

Post a Comment