Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Monday-Yin-Yang-Sunday

I have been working all my life (since my early teens actually); as a receptionist at my parents’ company in Dubai, to living on my own as of seventeen working while at university in NYC-from tutoring students with disabilities, to selling everything from popcorn for fundraising on campus, to vintage designer clothes at a store on the upper east side, to perfumes inside Penn Station (odd given that I’m allergic to perfumes), to decorating mannequins in store-window-displays (loved that!!); then post college figuring it out from a brief stint as a bank teller to fortunately landing in my career as a headhunter by 1997. Over the years I've heard people gathering around water coolers on all my jobs from NYC, to Michigan, to Montreal, to DC in unison agreeing to ‘Thank God it’s Friday!’ and ‘Grrr…it’s Monday!’ Well I just didn't get it!

You see-in the past I didn't like Fridays; they made me anxious (didn't want to deal with myself or my life)! I liked Mondays; they gave me a sense of purpose (work defined me)! Yup! True sign of a proper workaholic of course! Thank goodness after all these years now I really don’t get it! FINALLY!! It’s all good! Mondays through Fridays and Saturdays through Sundays! Like an hour-glass time’s slipping fast before my eyes and I’m determined to live and love every moment of it! Don’t want to miss a beat though I’m overwhelmed with all the magic around me!! Never counting my days to weekends or annual vacations to escape nor waiting for work days to return post breaks...…none of that for me please! I find myself amazed by every moment and every breath and am ever so grateful for all of it! Now wishing for all of you to get here with me too!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment